As well as supporting you on a one-to-one basis with our Information Clinics, the Medical Library is happy to run group sessions. This can be a one-off session or a series of sessions that are tailored to support you and your colleagues to gain the skills and confidence in searching for the best evidence to support your practice.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details of what, when and where!
Alternatively, specifically designed for the postgraduate researchers in the University we offer five sessions:
- Introduction to Literature Searching
- Systematic Literature Reviews – A ‘How To’ Guide (Please note that it is a prerequisite that you have attended either the Introduction to Literature Searching or Literature Searching for NHS Staff courses prior to the Systematic Reviews course, as it is aimed at people who have had prior database searching training.)
- The “Big Four” Databases For Your Literature Search
- Research Data Management
- Managing Your Bibliography
- Creating a Conference Poster
- Writing for Publication
We offer courses for NHS staff on:
- Literature Searching for NHS Staff
- Critical Appraisal – Systematic Reviews
- Critical Appraisal – RCT Drug Trials
- Reflective Practice
(NB: You’ll need a RAVEN login to book a place on these sessions. If you don’t have a RAVEN login please contact us and let us know which course you want to book onto and we can do it for you.)