Keeping up to date with the latest research in your field is vital, but potentially time consuming.
Here’s a few tools and resources that might help.
- email alerts for NHS databases, OVID, and Pubmed (.pdf)
- Zetoc (.pdf)
- JournalTOCs (.pdf)
- citation tracking (.pdf) – in Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar
- Google alerts (.pdf)
Library support for journal clubs can come in many forms –
– helping to set up alerts for a steady stream of interesting papers to read
– accessing full-text of papers
– useful texts and resources to help brush up on critical appraisal skills
Don’t like email alerts? Try RSS instead
All the email alert tools listed above have an RSS option instead, so that instead of getting inundated with email alerts in your already overflowing inbox, chose the time each day or week to check the new content in your RSS reader.
(Need a reminder of what RSS is? try this great video)
Possible RSS readers include
– your browser (firefox and IE all have RSS readers alongside the bookmarks/favourites option)
– Microsoft Outlook has an RSS feeds option