Please note: due to space limitations in the temporary Clinical School building, we are currently unable to offer this service. Library introductions will run again when we move back into our old building, in May 2017.
We offer regular introductions to the Library for new readers. These 1/2 hour sessions will cover the following:
- How to find the book you want in the Library;
- ATHENS / RAVEN – are you entitled to use them, how to register, and what’s the difference?
- Access to Electronic Journals, and also to the vast selection of paper journals we subscribe to;
- Document Delivery – if we don’t stock the article you need, we can order a copy for you.
- Information Skills training – what support do we offer so you can learn how to find the best evidence yourself;
- Literature Searching by a professional librarian – this is not covered in the induction, but we give you information about how to sign up for this service, should you wish to do so.
The sessions run three times each week:
- Tuesday at 1pm
- Wednesday at 3pm
- Friday at 10am
and will be led by either Isla, Anna or Alison. Please book a place so we know to expect you. (Please note, owing to staff commitments we may not be able to run all sessions on a weekly basis – let us know which you’d like to attend.)