There is an increasing emphasis in research on the management and sharing of data. Many funding bodies that support research undertaken at the University require not only open access to any publications based on that research, but also to the data underlying it. The University of Cambridge provides support at its Research Data Management website. Other useful links on open access and research data management include:
- The University’s data repository, where you can upload and share your data
- The University’s research data policy framework
- Training sessions available, tailored to suit a variety of needs
You can also view the Research Data Management team’s calendar of upcoming events, and subscribe to their newsletter to keep up to date on the team’s activities.
The Medical Library also delivers its own research data management training sessions. Find upcoming sessions and book your place here. You will need a Raven login to make a booking — NHS users, please contact the training team at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to book your place.
Here are some other useful research data management resources
- Free software to manage backups of your data
- Free accounts with OneDrive Business or Dropbox Business for members of the University of Cambridge
- DMP Online — a website where you can create data management plans according to funding bodies’ templates. If your funding body is not listed, there is a generic template to use