Borrowing / Renewing loans / Returning books /
Reserving books / Paying fines online / Recommendations for Purchase
If you’re registered as a Borrower you can:
- borrow 5 books (and any accompanying CDs) at any one time
– loan period is 4 weeks
– renew loans once only (in person, by phone, email or via Library Search)
NB – if your books are reserved by another reader, we will not renew your loan.
Remember to bring your Medical Library card with you.
Non-borrowers can use the library for reference purposes only.
One renewal of loans is possible. You can renew your loans by:
- email: reply to the courtesy email that will be sent to remind you the book is due for return or contact us.
– phone: call 01223 336750
– in person: whenever you are in the library
– online: login to your account in Library Search to check return dates and renew your loans
If the book you want is on loan to someone else, you can reserve it. We will email you when it is ready to collect.
NB – the books you are borrowing could be reserved by another reader. If they are, you will not be able to extend your loan of the reserved items.
We are happy to help, but you can also reserve books online via Library Search.
A hold (ie a non urgent request) can be placed if the requestor is happy to wait till the end of the current loan period, at which point they are first in line to borrow the book when it is returned.
A recall (ie an urgent request) asks that the current borrower cuts short their loan and returns the book as soon as possible.
Both these systems rely on the co-operation of library users.
You can return the books to library reception, or by using the Book Return Box outside the front door of the Clinical School.
If you return your loans late, we charge a fine: 25p per item per day.