The Medical Library, which is an affiliate library of the University Library, serves
- students and staff of the School of Clinical Medicine
- other members of the University
- N.H.S. staff working in Cambridge
- M.R.C. staff working in Cambridge
- others who may be admitted on application to the Librarian. A charge may be made to those wishing to use the library for purposes of commerce or profit.
In order to gain admittance and use library services and resources, new readers must register at the Library Desk between 8am and 5.30pm, Monday – Friday.
Readers will be asked to complete a form and a library card giving details such as name, address, email, department and hospital box number.
its services, and to contact you with information about your library use and the services which the library
service. Our standard terms of service are available from our website. The University Library and its affiliated libraries use a shared user management system and database, and as a result your personal information is available to all authorised libraries in the University of Cambridge, the Cambridge Theological Federation, and participating College Libraries.
provides user functionality through the University Library’s Discovery Service, iDiscover.
For more information about how the libraries of the University handle your personal information, and your
rights under data protection legislation.