click on the title to check availability in the library catalogue
- Basic and clinical science course 2016-2017 edited by American Academy of Ophthalmology. 2017. (ISBN 9781615257706). A standard text for trainee ophthalmologists produced by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. There are 13 sections covering each subspecialty which are updated and revised annually.
- Kanski’s clinical ophthalmology: a systematic approach by Bowling, B. 2016 (ISBN 9780702055720). The standard text for trainee ophthalmologists – very readable with good colour illustrations. Good title for further reading.
- Ophthalmology Lecture notes series by James, B., Bron, A., J. 2017 (ISBN 9781119095903). Good text for medical students. Well illustrated and accessible guide to the diagnosis and management of common eye problems. Core title
- Ophthalmology : an illustrated colour text by Batterbury, M., Bowling, B., Murphy, C. 2009. (ISBN 9780702030598). Good text for medical students. Covers the diagnosis and management of common eye conditions, including clinical problems in ophthalmology. Core title
- Ophthalmology at a Glance by Olver, J. …[et al.] 2014 (ISBN 9781405184731). Good text for medical students. Provides a concise overview of ophthalmology, including clinical problems in ophthalmology. Core title.
- Oxford handbook of ophthalmology by Denniston, A.,K.,O., Murray, P., I. 2014. (ISBN 9780199679980 ). Good text providing a systematic summary of ophthalmology in a succint format. No illustrations.
- Synopsis of clinical ophtalmology by Kanski, J., J., Bowling, B. 2013 (ISBN 9780702050213). Good synopsis of ophthalmology which is well illustrated.
- The Wills eye manual: office and emergency room diagnosis and treatment of eye disease by Bagheri, N., Wajda, B., N. (eds.) 2017. (ISBN 9781496318831). A standard text for trainee ophthalmologists providing concise and authorative guidance on the diagnosis and management of ophthalmic conditions.
Updated August 2019