Click on the title to check availability in the library catalogue
- Emergency urology by Thurtle, D., Biers, S., Sut, M., Armitage, J. 2017. (ISBN 9781910079423). Core text. Suitable for all medical students and urology trainees (also essential reading for A&E doctors all levels).
- Oxford handbook of Urology by Reynard, J., Brewster, S., Biers, S., 2019. (ISBN 9780198783480). Core text. Suitable for all medical students and urology trainees.
- Oxford textbook of urological surgery by Hamdy, F.,C., Eardley, I. 2017. (ISBN 9780199659579). Core text. Suitable for all medical students and urology trainees.
- Essential surgery: problems, diagnosis and management by Quick, C.R.G., Reed, J.B., Harper, S.J.F., Saeb-Parsy, K., Deakin, P.J., Raftery, A.T. 2014. (ISBN 9780702046742). This book has 8 update urology chapters and good surgical background. Core text. Suitable for all medical students and urology trainees.
Other useful urology textbooks
- ABC of Urology edited by Dawson, C., Nethercliffe, J., M. 2012. (ISBN 9780470657171). A little dated now, but a basic textbook suitable for year 4 and year 5 medical students and junior urology trainees.
- Campbell-Walsh urology edited by Wein, A.J., Kavoussi, L.R., Partin, A.W., Peters, C.A. 2016. (ISBN 9781455775675 ) (4 volume set) and revision and MCQ aides– suitable for all urology trainees and year 6 medical students.
- Hinman’s atlas of urological surgery edited by Smith, J.A., Howards, S. S., Preminger, G.M., Dmochowski, R. 2017 (eISBN 9780323392303) Available on designated PCs only. Good reference book for all urological trainees and Year 6 medical students. New edition on order.
- Lecture notes on urology by Kaisary, A., V., Ballaro, A., Pigott, K. 2016. (ISBN 9781118471050). Suitable for all medical students and urology trainees.
- Urology : a handbook for medical students by Brewster, S., … [et al.]. 2001. (ISBN 1859963005). Suitable for all medical students as an introduction to urology, but as published in 2001, now outdated unfortunately.
- Urology: an illustrated colour text by Bullock, N., … [et al.]. 2008. (ISBN 9780443072642). Information outdated but some parts still good for introduction to urology for year 3 medical students.
- Urological surgery (Oxford Specialist Handbook) by Reynard, J. 2008. (ISBN 9780199299423). Information outdated but some parts still good for introduction to urology for year 3 medical students.
- Viva practice for the FRCS (Urol) and postgraduate urology examinations by Arya, M. 2018. (eISBN 9781351254526) Available on designated PCs only. Suitable for all urology trainees and year 5-6 medical students.
Updated September 2019