There’s lots of reasons why researchers and research students should blog about their work, and read other blogs:
- to learn about other people working in similar fields
- to gain a habit of reflection
- to get used to writing about your work
- to gain a public profile
- to promote and disseminate your work
For more insights read the prize winning post by Suzi Gage on SciLogs: sifting the evidence.
To help you along the way to your first blog, or to maintaining your blogging habits, maybe the following will help:
- tips for academic blogging
- the virtues of blogging as an academic activity
- I’m an academic and desperately need an online presence, where do I start?
You might also find these slides useful: