You can limit your time in the library by ordering selected books to be ready for collection at the Medical Library.
Put in your requests today ready for collection from 10th August onwards.
What is Click & Collect?
Click & Collect enables current library members to request books to be retrieved from the Medical Library’s collections.
Your requests will be waiting at the Collection Point in Medical Library reception, and you should add the books to your library account using the Self-Service Kiosk. (Remember to bring your library card to make this easier.)
We hope this service will allow you to be access the books you need as quickly and safely as possible.
Who is eligible to use Click & Collect?
This service is available all registered members of the Medical Library: anyone with a blue University card, or NHS member of staff with a Medical Library membership.
If you would like to join the library, more information is available.
If you need a reminder of your library membership number, please contact us.
How does the service work?
- Start by searching iDiscover for the item you need- perhaps limiting by library, to ensure you’re focusing on books held in the Medical Library. There’s help on using iDiscover here.
- Once you’ve identified the book you want, use this form to submit your request. The form lets you request up to 5 books at a time.
- Library staff will contact you by email to confirm when your books are ready to collect, or if there is a problem with your request.
- Come to the Medical Library, and you’ll find a bag with your name on it at the Collection Point in the library reception.
- Login/scan your card at the self-service kiosk and add the books to your account. Note – you can leave the books in the bag when you place them on the glass shelf of the self-service kiosk.
How are you ensuring my safety and the safety of library staff?
The safety of library users and library staff is paramount, and at the heart of all of our recovery planning.
- We are minimising handling of books and all other materials.
- We hope this service will allow you to enter and leave the library quickly.
- Your books will be waiting in a paper bag so that if you wish to wait 24hrs before using them, as a quarantine measure, you’re able to do so.
- Please request a 2m distance for any other library members collecting books at the same time.
- Sanitisers are available in the library for use before and after using the self-service kiosk.
- We request that you do not use anti-bacterial wipes on any library books as this may cause damage, but encourage you to wash your hands regularly since library books are a shared resource.
How soon can I collect my books after submitting my request?
Any request submitted by 08:00 Monday to Friday will be available to collect from 12:00 on the same working day.
Books will be available to collect for 5 working days, after which they will be put back into circulation for others to borrow.
Can I collect books on behalf of someone else?
Yes. The form allows you to name someone who will be collecting the books. Please contact us for further details of this service.
Can I return books at the same time?
Please note – you can only borrow 5 books at any one time, so Yes! you can return books at the same time as collecting.
If you use the self-service kiosk, you can instantly remove items from your account before borrowing the books waiting for you.
If you use the book return box, library staff need time to clear these books from your account.
Can I borrow books from other libraries?
University Library is running a Click & Collect service, and some other faculty and departmental libraries will be too, as they open up their services. You will need to be registered as a member of any other library that you wish to borrow books from, and go to that library to access the books.
Check the individual library webpages for details.
Can I request that books from other libraries are delivered to the Medical Library?
Unfortunately, this service is not currently available.