The Medical Library remained open to CUH staff throughout lockdown.
From Monday 10th August we’re delighted to be opening our doors a little wider, to welcome back Clinical Students and the research community on the Biomedical Campus to use our library space.
The safety of everyone in the library is paramount, and we encourage you to respect 2m distancing, wear face coverings, clean your hands on a regular basis and wipe down your study area before you use it.
The library is open 08:00-16:45 and you can
- Browse the collection, borrow and return books using the self-service kiosk
- Click & Collect – a new service starting 10th August.
You can limit your time in the library by ordering selected books to be ready for collection at the Medical Library. Put in your requests today ready for collection FROM 10th August onwards.
- use PCs on the University of Cambridge network and print/copy/scan
- use PCs on the CUH network
- sit and work in the library – we’ve spaced out the desking to facilitate 2m distancing where possible.
If you prefer to continue working from home, online library services continue to be available:
- Email enquiry service – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online training – attend any of our many literature searching, critical appraisal, reference management courses which are being delivered via Zoom
- Document delivery service can supply you with the articles you need
- Check for resources via the University of Cambridge Libraries catalogue – iDiscover
- Make recommendations for book purchases