The Medical Library, which is a dependent library of the main University Library, serves
- students and staff of the University School of Clinical Medicine
- other members of the University
- N.H.S. staff working in Cambridge
- M.R.C. staff working in Cambridge
- others who may be admitted on application to the Librarian. A charge may be made to those wishing to use the library for purposes of commerce or profit.
In order to gain admittance and use library services and resources, new readers must register at the Library Desk between 08:00hrs and 17:30hrs, Monday – Friday.
Readers will be asked to complete a form and a library card giving details such as name, address, email, department and hospital box number.
Access to the Clinical School in order to visit the Library:
The Clinical School have installed security doors.
“As from Monday 5th October 2009, internal security doors will be operating in the Clinical School between 7pm and 10pm.
All holders of Addenbrooke’s ID cards will be able to access the building as usual, by swiping the panel next to the internal door.
If you do not have an Addenbrooke’s ID card please go to Reception. The Custodians will be able to give access to all building users without cards between 7pm and 10pm”
We understand that the swipe card system will not be in operation on a Saturday.