There are 2 computer networks available in the Medical Library: University of Cambridge, and Addenbrooke’s.
University of Cambridge
We have 17 PCs in the Share space, and 10 in the Read space (available when training is not taking place)
- Microsoft Office
- Endnote, Mendeley and Zotero
- Headphones (we have noise-cancelling headphones, and normal headphones — please speak to library staff to borrow them)
Use your Library card number to log in (CRSid for clinical students and some other University of Cambridge staff/students).
Printing is available from University-networked library PCs, and the printer is also enabled for photocopying and scanning. Please note that it is not possible to print from the NHS-networked (Addenbrooke’s) PCs in the library.
Uni of Cam wifi is available to anyone with a RAVEN login. We can also issue visitor logins for any of our other library users — just speak to library staff.
Eduroam wifi is also available.
Addenbrooke’s NHS Network
There are 8 PCs linked to the Addenbrookes network.
Print, copy, scan, bind
We are pleased to offer networked printing, scanning and photocopying – the credit you buy will be valid for any of these services.
Full details of the DS-Print services are available. Wifi printing and online purchase of credit are available. A quick user guide is availalable here, and full details of the whole service here
The Medical Library is here to support your studies in as many ways as possible. As well as access to our collection of print and online resources, we offer a range of tools to help you concentrate and get the most out of your time studying in the library. Study aids available include:
- Book our training room space for meetings, revision, or small group teaching — speak to library staff at the enquiry desk
- Book stands
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Regular headphones
- Two adjustable standing desks in the Shhh room
- Ear plugs
- Flat screens for group work in the Share room
- Whiteboard markers and erasers