Bookable study space
Our training room is available for bookings, to use for meetings, group revision, or training for registered library members. If you are a student or staff member at the University of Cambridge and have a blue University card, you should automatically be registered with the library. For NHS staff, you must have a current, valid library card. If you do not have a library card, please follow the registration procedure here.
Currently the room is in high demand. To try and make fairer access and use for all from 8th March the training room can be booked for a maximum of four hours a day: e.g. 8am-12pm, 12pm-4pm, 4pm-7.30pm. Users will only be able to book one four-hour slot per day.
Bookings for the following week can only be taken on the preceding Thursday. Once you are a member of the library, please follow the procedure below to book the room:
- The booking must be requested via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide the following information: your name, your contact details, and the date and time the room is needed.
- Please note that library staff have priority over this space (i.e. if we need the room, that takes priority).
- Bookings are taken on a week by week basis, and booking for the following week can begin on the preceding Thursday.
- For health and safety reasons, please keep the lights on in this room when it is dark.
There are 2 computer networks available in the Medical Library: University of Cambridge, and Addenbrooke’s.
University of Cambridge
We have 11 PCs in the Share space, and 10 in the Read space (available when training is not taking place)
- Microsoft Office
- Endnote, Mendeley and Zotero
- Headphones (we have noise-cancelling headphones, and normal headphones — please speak to library staff to borrow them)
Use your Library card number to log in (CRSid for clinical students and some other University of Cambridge staff/students).
Printing is available from University-networked library PCs, and the printer is also enabled for photocopying and scanning. Please note that it is not possible to print from the NHS-networked (Addenbrooke’s) PCs in the library.
Uni of Cam wifi is available to anyone with a RAVEN login. We can also issue visitor logins for any of our other library users — just speak to library staff.
Eduroam wifi is also available.
Addenbrooke’s NHS Network
There are 8 PCs linked to the Addenbrookes network.
Print, copy, scan
We are pleased to offer networked printing, scanning and photocopying – the credit you buy will be valid for any of these services.
Full details of the DS-Print services are available. Wifi printing and online purchase of credit are available. A quick user guide is availalable here, and full details of the whole service here
The Medical Library is here to support your studies in as many ways as possible. As well as access to our collection of print and online resources, we offer a range of tools to help you concentrate and get the most out of your time studying in the library. Study aids available include:
- Two adjustable standing desks in the Shhh room
- Ear plugs
- Flat screens for group work in the Share room
- Whiteboard markers and erasers