Library support for research
Research staff and students have very particular needs, and we are happy to try to support you. This may take the form of
- tailored sessions in literature searching your particular topic – either in a group or one-to-one
- support in keeping up to date with the developments in your field
- support in research data management and in writing for publication
- document delivery service to ensure you can get the obscure references you need
Grants and Funding
- Research Design Service (@NIHR_RDS)
provide design and methodological support to health and social care researchers across England to develop grant applications to the NIHR and other national peer-reviewed funding programmes.
- NIHR Clinical Research Network ( Eastern) – (@NIHRCRNEastern)
helps to increase the opportunities for patients to take part in clinical research, ensures that studies are carried out efficiently, and supports the Government’s Strategy for UK Life Sciences by improving the environment for commercial contract clinical research in the NHS in the Eastern area.
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust – Research & Development
University of Cambridge
- Research Operations Office
will help departmental administrative and academic staff to understand the processes and requirements associated with research grants and contracts.
- Research Strategy Office
works with researchers and research groups to help develop collaborative cross-disciplinary research activity, facilitate the development of institutional relationships with major research and industrial funders, support the University’s submission to the REF, oversee certain strategically important cross-School grants, and coordinate the University’s restricted calls process.
- School of Clinical Medicine – Clinical Research
Resources for everyone
- SHERPA RoMEO
lists journals’ open access and copyright policies (which will help you pick a journal whose policies are compatible with funder requirements).
- DMP Online
is a free website where you can create data management plans according to different funders’ templates. If your funder isn’t there, there is a generic template to use.
- Think, Check, Submit
is a website to help researchers avoid predatory publishers when selecting a journal for submission.
- SHERPA RoMEO