We are happy to offer tailored support for Clinical Students.
Year 4 students are invited to “Library in Your Pocket” sessions during the introductory course – find the one that fits with your self-directed study time. Year 4 students will also need to attend one of our training sessions during their SSC block. Details of this training, including how to book, can be found here.
The specialised services are summarised in this leaflet and include:
- extended loans when you go on attachment
- access to elective reports and past exam papers, are via MedEd
- computer facilities with common logins:
- computers in the Sherwood room
- wifi access throughout the Clinical School (UniofCam and/or Eduroam)
- all PCs & wifi accessible with MedEd login (but just your CRSid, not including @cam.ac.uk)
- 2Gb of storage¬†on Sherwood Room & Library PCs
- Remote access to that 2Gb of storage –¬ details of how to access your files remotely using SFTP¬†(secure file transfer protocol)
- printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- books on your reading lists
- NB – where there is an e-book option we note that separately.
- Comments (e.g .whether a book is a “core text” and stage suitability) come from the Senior Clinical Tutor for the discipline.
- access to libraries in hospitals across the region when you go on attachment
- NHS ATHENS resources – you can register for an NHS ATHENS password, and so access an additional set of e-journals, e-books and other resources.
- Plagiarism – guidance on good academic practice and plagiarism
- Spacefinder, a website to help you find the perfect space to work in Cambridge. Simply enter your requirements (quiet or filled with chatter? computers provided? cafe or library?) and let Spacefinder do the rest of the work for you.