We are happy to offer tailored support for clinical students.
The specialised services for Clinical Students include:
- extended loans when you go on attachment
- access to elective reports and past exam papers via MedEd
- computer facilities with common logins:
- computers in the Sherwood room
- wifi access throughout the Clinical School (UniofCam and/or Eduroam)
- all PCs and wifi accessible with MedEd login (but just your CRSid, not including @cam.ac.uk)
- 2Gb of storage on Sherwood Room and library PCs
- Remote access to that 2Gb of storage – details of how to access your files remotely using SFTP (secure file transfer protocol)
- printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- books on your reading lists
- NB – where there is an e-book option we note that separately.
- Comments (e.g .whether a book is a “core text” and stage suitability) come from the Senior Clinical Tutor for the discipline.
- access to libraries in hospitals across the region when you go on attachment
- NHS ATHENS resources – you can register for an NHS ATHENS password, and so access an additional set of e-journals, e-books and other resources.
- Access to BMJ Best Practice, a great point-of-care tool, via NHS Athens
- Access to ClinicalKey Student – a collection of books, images, videos and interactive tools to support you in your medical studies. Access is currently on a trial basis until September 2021, and there are more instructions on how to set up a login on the University’s eresources blog.
- Plagiarism – guidance on good academic practice and plagiarism. See also this online guide and training on referencing and plagiarism
- Spacefinder, a website to help you find the perfect space to work in Cambridge. Simply enter your requirements (quiet or filled with chatter? computers provided? cafe or library?) and let Spacefinder do the rest of the work for you.
Accessing your reading lists online
Using BMJ Best Practice
This point-of-care tool is accessible through NHS Athens