We are happy to offer a tailored support for Clinical Students.
The specialised services include:
- extended loans when you go on attachment
- access to elective reports, which are held in the Medical Library, and past exam papers, available on Medportal:
- My home / My courses / CX010-11 / Assessment & Examination / Assessment Information
- computer facilities with common logins:
- 60 extra computers available for you to use in the computer room on the upper level (Level 4) of the Library
- 12 computers in the Sherwood room
- wifi access throughout the library (LibAir)
- all PCs & wifi accessible with MedPortal login
- 2Gb of storage on Sherwood Room & Library Level 4 computers
- Remote access to that 2Gb of storage - details of how to access your files remotely using SFTP (secure file transfer protocol)
- printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- books on your reading lists
- NB – where there is an e-book option we note that separately.
- Comments (eg whether a book is a “priority text”) come from the Senior Clinical Tutor for the discipline.
- access to libraries in hospitals across the region when you go on attachment
- NHS ATHENS resources – you can register for an NHS ATHENS password, and so access an additional set of e-journals, e-books and other resources.