The electronic resources that might be of particular interest to nurses are:
- NHS Evidence Search – www.evidence.nhs.uk
- CINAHL – access using NHS OpenATHENS login
- BNI – access using NHS OpenATHENS login
- Medline – access using NHS OpenATHENS login
- Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures – access using NHS OpenATHENS login
Check the full range of databases that you can search for journal articles.
If you need a regular alert of the new literature/evidence on a certain topic, you can look to our Keeping Up To Date pages for tips, or email the training team at email@example.com for support and advice.
3D anatomy resources:
- Visible Body – access using NHS ATHENS login (Click on the link on the top menu bar to access Visible Body)
- Anatomy.tv – access using NHS ATHENS login
Nursing books are in the WY section of the collection, but use iDiscover to check if we hold the books you need.
Please contact the library if you would like some help to find the answers to your questions.
- RCN Revalidation
- How revalidation will work – Guardian article
- The Medical Library’s revalidation guide
search for “reflective practice” in iDiscover for useful books, but these might be a useful start:
Reflective practice in nursing. 2nd ed. Howatson-Jones, Lioba. Learning Matters, 2013
Reflective practice in nursing Bulman, Chris Wiley-Blackwell, 2013
Reflective practice: writing and professional development Gillie Bolton Sage, 2014
Reflective practice for healthcare professionals: a practical guide Beverley Joan Taylor, Open University Press, 2010
Reflective practice: a guide for nurses and midwives Beverley Joan Taylor Open University Press, 2006